Monday, March 19, 2007

S.S.S.S.

I have finished the second sock of the hand-dyed pair... They are delicious sherbet colors (pink, orange, yellow). I aped the pattern created here. I am sure it is a lovely pattern if you follow it, but I liked the stitch, it sort of blew my mind the first time I saw it. I love how it creates tiny eyelets without having to yarn over! I also stopped doing the pattern far sooner than in the original; I kept telling myself that I was making them for me, so I can do whatever I want! They brought me to the toe finish line more quickly than patterning the whole way down.
Which brings me to the next phenomenon that I mention in my post title....
Second Sock Shorter Syndrome. I kept trying to convince myself that it was long enough before decreasing. Sadly, I was a little wrong. They will stretch a little, but they will also felt a little if I put them in the washing machine... So they may remain handwashed for their all little stitched lives. The first sock fit beautifully, so it's a little irritating that I didn't do the extra few rows, but it's not bad enough to rip everything out.

I am taking a short break from casting-on new socks to complete some other projects (gasp!), one of which is a pair of socks that have been languishing for months.

I need to mail the Lavender socks. I noticed some Regia Silk in lovely muted shades of beige and silver, just dying to be knitted up. It's eventually going to be spring here, so I have been eyeing the three skeins of Sockotta, wondering how it will be knitting socks with some cotton.


Decisions, decisions....

No comments: