Friday, June 22, 2007

SOS!!


Ohhhhh weird green noodles! No, actually just some over spun yarn. I love these pictures.

Sheepspyjama's very close guess as to what I weighed skeins down with: just a full Nalgene! It worked really well. However....

Winding it I found that the dry sections were straight, and the sections that were still damp were very curly. It isn't so bad as I'm knitting it, thought. The yarn is decently soft, but very sturdy. Sheepspyjama's are nice and squishy - maybe if I sized up my needles the fabric would soften some, but the yarn itself is quite springy. I have no idea what these socks are going to look like.... Probably some sort of lacy something. We'll see!

There are Pomatomus. But not for long. I am not a fan of the way the yarn stripes, and the twisted stitches take eons and eons. Maybe it's the way I knit. If I could find a more suitable colorway, I'd try the pattern again.


SOOO much Sock yarn!

Summer of socks officially began yesterday, and I did start yesterday. This picture represents around 1/2 of my total sock yarn stash. It's not that impressive, but it makes me very happy!

Sorry to be brief (but it's Friday night!) Next week I'll have more to show off. Maybe I'll have figured out a pattern.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I'd say that's a quite respectable stock yarn stash, especially if that's only half of it.

I'm really enjoying SOS so far. I mean, I was going to be knitting socks this summer anyway...

Anonymous said...

Awww, yummy, all this sock yarn! Have to go cast on for a new pair NOW - you've certainly inspired me ;)

Anonymous said...

Lovely green noodles - wonderful color! Who knows, you might just convince me to knit socks one day...

モテる度チェッカー said...

モテる度チェッカーが今回リニューアルしました!!今迄と違い診断内容にモテない人と診断された方を救済する、速攻効果が出るモテる為のアドバイスが付きます、またモテる診断された人には、より一層のモテ・テクニックを手に入れませんか