Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fuzzy suns....

Here they are in their fuzzed out glory! Note to self (and all others): Don't wear 100% wool socks in leather boots all day long, even if it says it's superwash! I haven't had any trouble with wool/nylon mix, but sadly at all the pressure points, there was some felting. The leg of the sock is just fine, but as you can see below, anyplace that is going to wear got matted. Not sure why this pictures is so washed out looking, but you can see the neat way the color knit up! One sock doesn't even look like it has any of the yellow in it. I knit them from inside/outside the ball, if you remember. Towards the top, I increased to a K3, P2 rib, and then switched to size 1 Addi lace needles in an attempt to keep them from falling down. My attempt failed.

Pretty little toes! See, it's matted where my wide boat feet rubbed against the shoe. Live and learn! They are nevertheless wonderful to wear.
I love this final shot. I had a little help (I am hiding under the covers in the background). Beautiful colorway, and a joy to work with. Looks like it's lunchtime, so that's all for now....

No comments: